Monday, August 9, 2010

More Books in The Mortal Instruments series? Thank you Cassandra Clare!

Every once in awhile I will check out some of my favorite authors' blogs and since I'm going to a Cassandra Clare book signing, I thought I would see if there were any updates. And updates there were. I'm probably the last person to find this out, but there are going to be two more books added to The Mortal Instrument series! For those who don't know, it was first a trilogy, and then Cassandra added a fourth book, City of Fallen Angels. But now there will be City of Lost Souls and City of Heavenly Fire. I am so excited for all these new books coming out! And in between these book releases, Cassie is writing The Infernal Devices trilogy, the first book Clockwork Angel is coming out August 31. For more information, visit Cassandra Clare's blog.

2 comments:

Belgie said...

I felt like The Mortal Instruments series was fairly wrapped up after City of Glass, but because the series was such a good seller Cassandra Clare decided to keep the series going. This book just wasn't great, probably my lease favorite of the series. The plot felt like something you would read in good fan fiction.

Simply_Megan said...

I agree with you. City of Glass had a perfect ending and I would have been happy with that. City of Fallen Angels just wasn't as good.

I think that's why I like The Infernal Devices so much - it's something new and different.