Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stargazer by Claudia Gray

Stargazer returns to Bianca's story a few months later. Both she and Lucas will stop at nothing to see each other again—even if it means living a life of secrets and lies. But even as Bianca finds herself torn between two worlds, she soon discovers they aren't the only ones keeping secrets. Will powerful forces within Evernight Academy keep her from deciding her own fate, or claim her forever? (Taken from Claudia Gray's website)

I really like the summary I found because it tells about the book, while is also vague enough that the surprise from Evernight (the first book) is not given away. So, in keeping with the summary, this will still be a spoiler-free review, even though most people have either read the book or already know what it's about. Anyway, I liked Stargazer. There weren't any big revelations half-way through the book that left me scratching my head, so that's a plus. By now we've been introduced to all the characters and the storyline established, so I was glad to see the plot move forward. Some things were resolved in this book, but other things were left open to be discussed in the next two books. Mrs. Bethany, the headmistress of Evernight, is keeping a secret, and those who have read Evernight will be happy to find out the secret is revealed. There is also more backstory to Bianca and her parents, which I was not expecting, but it was definitely interesting. When I got to the end of the book, I turned the last page, expecting there to be more. But there wasn't and I really want to know what happens next. Unfortunately, the next book, Hourglass, won't be released until March 2010, so we have a long wait ahead of us. But all in all, Stargazer did not disappoint and will leave readers anticipating the next book in the series.

8 out of 10.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was kinda disappointed by this one after reading Evernight... Hoping it's your typical middle book let down and that the series gets better from here. Great review though!!