Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - 5

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for those that like lists and books!

Top Ten Books I Read/Bought Based on the Cover and/or Title

1. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
Both the cover and the title got me on this one. First off, this (along with the two other books in the trilogy) cover is gorgeous! I love that the model has red hair and that it's historical. Also, I think A Great and Terrible Beauty is one of the best titles ever - it sounds just like a classic!

2. The Things That Keep Us Here by Carla Buckley
I am in love with titles that could be sentences on their own or are important phrases, hence why I love this one. The title is what made me read the book so I could find out what those things are!

3. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Another double threat of title and cover. The cover is beautiful, with the colors and the stars and the silhouettes. And the title - it's The Beatles, enough said.

4. All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
Another phrase/sentence title! I also love the song that this title reminds me of: "All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers.

5. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
The cover is so lovely in my opinion! I love the colors and the model and even the weird birdcages. Unfortunately, I don't like Fever's cover as much as this one.

6. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
I didn't really like this book that much, but I do really like the cover. I even like it more than Hush, Hush's cover! I like that it's all gray with the rain.

7. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
This cover is gorgeous! I love how it blends the modern and the historical without looking cheesy.
8. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
This is one of the few covers I like that doesn't feature humans, haha. I love the blue glass and how it almost looks real.

9. Matched by Ally Condie
I like how simple this cover is - but the girl in the bubble is pretty meaningful. I also love the girl's dress.

10. Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez
Even though this cover doesn't have much to do with the actual book, I still like it! And boy, does that girl have a lot of hair!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Libba Bray cover - it's just gorgeous. Reminds me that I have to read those books still!

Brittani said...

I have Matched on my list also. I agree. Its such a simple cover yet so meaningful.

My Top Ten: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-bought.html

-Brittani

Racquel (A Book Barbie) said...

like I said in my TTT post wither is the prettiest cover on earth. I'm surprised you don't like Fever, I think it's also great!

Across the universe is a close second and wicked lovely is put of the world. I would have added it but I actually don't own it...

Virtuosity is so eye catchy! (my co blogger pointed out it looks like a itunes gift card!)

-thank you&come again,