Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - 23

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like making lists about books.

Top Ten Historical Fiction Novels

1. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Even though this was written in the thirties, it's still historical fiction because it's about the Civil War. Obviously this is an American classic and it definitely lives up to it's reputation. Even the movie is amazing.

2. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
I love all of Philippa Gregory's novels, but this one is my favorite. I love reading about King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn, so this story was perfect for me.

3. Eva Underground by Dandi Daley Mackall
I read this in middle school and then again a few years ago. It's about a girl who moves to Poland during the Cold War. There's romance, adventure, danger, so obviously it's good.

4. The Season by Sarah MacLean
This is a very well-written romance and mystery set during the Regency period of England.

5. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
When I first read this I thought it was like historical fiction Gossip Girl, though not quite as fluffy.

6. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
This is half historical fiction and half contemporary but it's such a good book it still ends up on my list. It's about a girl suffering from extreme grief who finds a diary from the French Revolution.

7. A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee
A female spy during the Victorian era? Yes please!

8. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
I think this is an obvious pick!

9. A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
I read this a while ago but I remember it being really good!

10. The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory
Another Philippa Gregory book because I couldn't think of a tenth but this is also a super book.

1 comment:

kayerj said...

You've picked some great titles. thanks for the recommendations. kaye—the road goes ever ever on