Saturday, September 27, 2008

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

City of Ashes dives right in where City of Bones left off. Evil Shadowhunter Valentine has escaped, but when murdered Downworlder children turn up unexpectantly, everyone wonders if he is behind the attacks. Through this, Clary has to confront her changing relationship with Simon, while Jace is still a jerk and her mother is still in a coma. It seems like Clary's life will never be back to normal, especially when the Inquistitor comes to investigate and targets Jace. When the time comes, Clary must use her Shadowhunter blood and look inside herself for hidden powers to help save the day.

I still can't believe how amazing this trilogy is! As soon as I finished City of Bones, I went and got City of Ashes from the library. I definitely liked City of Bones better, but City of Ashes really delivered, especially the major cliffhanger at the end. The one thing I really like about the Mortal Instrument trilogy are the characters. Like I said before, every character is so complex. Especially Jace, who seems like a jerk on the outside, but has a gentler side, too. He uses sarcasm a lot, but you know that he would do anything for the people he cares about. Sometimes characters would do things I didn't agree with, but I understood every action because Cassandra Clare writes her characters so magnificently. Overall, a wonderful book.

City of Glass will be released on March 29, 2008.

8 out of 10.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked the review alot and I am going to buy the book.

P.S. I love your bolg and I added you to my blog roll; will you add me to yours.

Simply_Megan said...

of course! : )

Anonymous said...

i read city of bones and it was incredibly good except im so freaking mad that their siblings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant wait to read city of ashes, except you said you like the first one better? thats disappointing. and i also can't wait till march with a cliffhanger ending!

but if they dont somehow find out that they arent actually related and its some complicated lie by valentine, then im gonna be so mad. Jace and Clary are PERFECT for each other! they cant be related! how awkward! no no no! THEY ARE PERFECT TOGETHER.

ps..dont tell me what happens in city of ashes please!

haha like the blog.