Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Grrr...

So I was in the library, in English class working on the computers when I decided to check my email. And guess what??

Flamingnet rejected one of my book reviews.

I was like, "How can I have a book review rejected? All of mine have always been accepted!" As my friend Sarina can attest to, I was PO'd.

Let me explain how the process on Flamingnet works. I get to pick a book out of a list of about 20 or so, read it and send in a review in 4-6 weeks. They have people called underwriters, whose job is to read the reviews and make sure they sound okay and don't have any grammatical errors, etc.

This is what the underwriter told me:
"I have decided to reject your first submission of the book review on Trouble in My Way. Your opinions of the book are very good and in my opinion very well thought out. However, the description of the book was flat and confusing."

How a description can be flat is beyond me. I'll admit it, my description could have been better written, but still! It wasn't that bad! If you want to see the review it's a couple posts down. It'll be probably be changed in a few days anyway.

*Sigh*

And that concludes Megan's Complaint of the Week. : )

P.S. I should have reviews of Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Leviathan and The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult up sometime this week. School has suddenly become overwhelming, so it might have to wait for the weekend.

No comments: