Sunday, October 19, 2008

Nick and Norah's: The Movie

So last night I went to see Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist at the movies. The whole reason I decided to read the book was because I saw the movie previews, thought it looked good and I always want to read the book before seeing the movie. I haven't actually finished the book because it's not holding my interest as much as I thought it would, but I saw the movie anyway.

About 15 minutes into the movie, though, the film stopped and the screen went blank. Everyone was kinda like, "What's going on?" And suddenly, flashing lights came on and a weird beeping started. We all just sat there until we realized that it was the fire alarm. Everyone was groaning, I better get my money back and I can't believe I paid $10.25 for this. An automated voice came over the loudspeaker saying "The emergency alarm has sounded. Please evacuate the building."

It was pretty scary. Everyone tried to leave through the normal exit but employees told us to use the emergency exit at the front of the theater, which was a flight of stairs leading directly outside. I felt so bad for the people on crutches having to go down the steps. It was so freaky though because no one had any idea what was going on. I was clutching my car keys so if we had to get out of there fast, I would be ready. But they let us back into the building and when we went back upstairs, the concession area was all smoky and smelled really awful.

We figured maybe a popcorn machine had overheated or something and everything was fine for the rest of movie. I've done fire drills at school countless times but never at a public place.

As for the movie, it was really cute. I have a feeling that I'm going to like the movie better than the book, which never happens. I guess we'll see.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

That really sucks, it must of been really scary....

I have the book and it hasn't really ever caught my interest the two times I tried to finish reading it, so It on my shelf with a bookmark sticking out of it halfway through. I heard the movie is really cute, so I'll have to check it out.

Link exchange?

Shooting Stars Mag said...

wow, that is really crazy. i'm glad it wasn't anything too bad though and you liked the film. i really enjoyed it as well.

i want to read the book...been meaning too for like, over a year now! LOL

-lauren


contests and more. come and chat!