Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - 66

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine for bloggers and readers to get excited about yet-to-be published books.

The Selection by Kiera Cass

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined. (From GoodReads)
This sounds really interesting! I'm not sure if it's historical fiction or fantasy, or maybe a mix of both. I'm looking forward to finding out though! The Selection will be released April 24, 2012.

4 comments:

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

This one look soooooo good! I love the cover so much! Great pick :)

Here's my WoW!

nikki said...

I love this cover! And it sounds so good too. Like a book I will absolutely love. Awesome pick.

~Nikki (Imaginative Adventure)

Giveaway!

Arianna said...

I'm really looking forward to this one! I looks so good! Great pick. Please check out my Wow!

JessiM said...

Great pick! This one has such a beautiful cover and an intriguing premise. Very promising read for next year. :)

Happy Wednesday!
Jessi @ Reading in the Corner