Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - 13

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for those who like books and lists!

Top Ten Books of 2011

*I'm only including books published in 2011*

1. Divergent by Veronica Roth
This might be my favorite book of the year. It's so hard to pick! But I loved the factions and the romance between Tris and Four. Great read!

2. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Another amazing dystopia. This one had such a wonderful premise; it was very bleak and hopeless, but that made the book so much better.

3. Blood Red Road by Moira Young
This was very original and very engaging. Although the style of the writing and the purposeful misspellings could make it annoying, I thought it added to the overall story.

4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Love as a disease? I loved it! Can't wait to see what happens next.

5. Stay by Deb Caletti
Deb Caletti is one of my all-time favorite authors and everything she writes is gold.

6. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
I adore Cassandra Clare as well and enjoy her two series. I'm looking forward to reading Clockwork Prince.

7. Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
I was pleasantly surprised by this! Especially since I'm not the biggest fan of fantasy. It's an awesome book though!

8. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
This combined science fiction and mystery so I knew I was going to love it.

9. Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan
I thought this was going to be very similar to Across the Universe but it ended up being different and held its own!

10. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
This was a controversial book on incest but I still enjoyed it. I think it's an important book everyone should read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see Blood Red Road on your list! It really deserves more love. Divergent was also amazing. Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-H4

Hannah said...

Forbidden was truly epic. I loved how controversial and thought-provoking it is.

Here's my Top 10:

http://theirishbanana.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-ten-tuesday-3.html