Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - 17

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like books and lists.

Freebie: Top Ten Books I Loved But Never Wrote a Review For

I picked this one because there are a lot of books that I loved, but never wrote a review for, mainly because I read them before I started my blog.

1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
This is pretty obvious, especially because I've never heard of someone not liking Harry Potter after reading the books. And if for some reason you haven't, get on that ASAP.

2. The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray
When I first read A Great and Terrible Beauty, it was the perfect blend of romance, historical fiction, fantasy and a strong heroine. This is such a great trilogy!

3. Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld
I read Uglies when I was in seventh grade (so long ago!) and it was one of the first dystopians I read. The series has such a great premise and tremendous world-building.

4. The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
I was wary of reading this because it was fantasy, but my friend wanted me to test it out first to see if she would like it (I'm such a great friend!). I actually really liked it, but I still haven't read the last book in the trilogy.

5. Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys by Kate Brian
I picked this up in the bookstore because the protagonist has the same name as me! Luckily the book was good and very cute.

6. Model: A Memoir by Cheryl Diamond
This is the first memoir I've read and I loved it! It's about the experiences of a model, but I liked how Cheryl was able to stay out of all the bad aspects of modeling (drugs, etc) and become a strong role model.

7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
I read this in ninth grade, which is standard for most schools, so before I had my blog.

8. The Giver by Lois Lowry
This is one of my favorite books ever and the two times I read it (5th and 7th grade) were before Simply Books. Definitely check this out!

9. The Bayern Books by Shannon Hale
I still haven't read the last book in this series, but The Goose Girl, Enna Burning and River Secrets were all awesome! These are some of the only high fantasy books I like.

10. Tangerine by Edward Bloor
I read this in my 7th grade reading class and loved it. Beware of the big twist at the end!

1 comment:

Nina said...

Great list. I only read A Great and Terrible Beauty, but really want to finish reading that series. It's so good. ;)