Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - 21

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like making lists.


Top Ten Books I'd Give a Theme Song To

1. Book: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Song: “Iridescent” – Linkin Park
Comments: The lyrics fit this book so well!
Lyrics: “You were standing in the wake of devastation
And you were waiting on the edge of the unknown
And with the cataclysm raining down
Insides crying "Save me now"
You were there, impossibly alone

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation?
You build up hope, but failure’s all you’ve known
Remember all the sadness and frustration
And let it go. Let it go.”

2. Book: Harry Potter
Song: “Keep Marching On” – One Republic
Comments: The whole song fits but I’m just gonna provide the chorus.
Lyrics: "There’s so many wars we fought,
There’s so many things we’re not,
with what we have,
I promise you that,
We’re marching on."

3. Book: Wake by Lisa McMann
Song: “Punching in a Dream” – The Naked and Famous
Comments: Check out the lyrics.
Lyrics: "If it falls apart I would surely wake it
Bright lights turn me clean
This is worse than it seems
Way-yay-yay-yay-yay
I don't ever wanna be here
Like punching in a dream,
breathing life into my nightmare."

4. Book: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
Song: “To Build a Home” – Cinematic Orchestra
Comments: This song is this book, to me. I feel like the lyrics are talking about the Institute. Also, there is this very awesome fanvid with this song that sums up the entire book. Don’t watch if you haven’t read it yet, though.
Lyrics:"There is a house built out of stone
Wooden floors, walls and window sills
Tables and chairs worn by all of the dust
This is a place where I don't feel alone
This is a place where I feel at home

And I built a home
For you
For me

Until it disappeared
From me
From you
And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust."

5. Book: All These Things I’ve Done by Gabrielle Zevin
Song: “All These Things That I’ve Done” – The Killers
Comments: The entire time that I was reading this book, The Killers’s song was playing in my head!
Lyrics: "When there's nowhere else to run
Is there room for one more son
One more son
If you can hold on
If you can hold on, hold on
I want to stand up, I want to let go
You know, you know - no you don't, you don't
I want to shine on in the hearts of men
I want a meaning from the back of my broken hand

Another head aches, another heart breaks
I am so much older than I can take
And my affection, well it comes and goes
I need direction to perfection, no no no no."

6. Book: Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Song: “Life is a Highway” – Rascal Flatts
Comments: Self-Explanatory.
Lyrics: "Well, life's like a road that you travel on
There's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind

Life is a highway, I wanna ride it
All night long
If you're going my way, I wanna drive it
All night long."

7. Book: The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan
Song: “Ghosts That We Knew” – Mumford & Sons
Comments: What I love about The Forest of Hands and Teeth trilogy that it is about hope, and I think this song symbolizes that a lot.
Lyrics: "You saw my pain, washed out in the rain
Broken glass, saw the blood run from my veins
But you saw no fault no crack in my heart
And you kneel beside my hope torn apart
But the ghosts that we knew will flicker from you
And we’ll live a long life
So give me hope in the darkness that I will see the light
Cause oh that gave me such a fright
But I will hold as long as you like
Just promise me we’ll be alright."

8. Book: Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
Song: “Set Fire to the Rain” – Adele
Comments: This song was really popular and on the radio while I was reading Angelfire so I came to associate the two in my head. It also helps that the lyrics describe the book, as well.
Lyrics: "I let it fall, my heart,
And as it fell you rose to claim it
It was dark and I was over
Until you kissed my lips and you saved me

My hands, they're strong
But my knees were far too weak
To stand in your arms
Without falling to your feet
But I set fire to the rain,
Watched it pour as I touched your face,
Well, it burned while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name!"

9. Book: Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Song: “Across the Universe” – The Beatles
Comments: It’s obvious why I picked this one, especially since the author credits The Beatles as being part of her inspiration. It’s a great song though.
Lyrics: "Images of broken light, which
Dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on across the universe.
Thoughts meander like a
Restless wind inside a letter box
They tumble blindly as they make their way across the universe."

10. Book: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Song: “Tomorrow is a Long Time” – Nickel Creek
Comments: This is the same as Angelfire: I first heard this song while reading City of Bones and it kind of described how I was feeling. The ending is very angsty. It also describes a scene in City of Glass, which is cool.
Lyrics: "If today was not an endless highway
If tonight was not a crooked trail
If tomorrow wasn't such a long time
Then lonesome would mean nothing to me at all

Yes, and only if my own true love was waiting
If I could hear his heart softly pounding
Yes, and only if he was lying by me
Would I lie in my bed once again."

No comments: