Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.
Top Ten (actually 8) Books With a Beach Setting
1. Sea Change by Aimee Friedman
I loved this book when I first read it and I was really into the setting! Miranda is living on small Selkie Island for the summer and I enjoyed the small beach community. It was so quaint!
2. Death by Bikini by Linda Gerber
These mystery books are so awesome and the first one takes place on an island resort! Doesn't get much better than that.
3. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
Pretty much the quintessential summer romance book - this time on the California shores.
4. Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
I read this so long (probably middle school) but I love the beach town in North Carolina where this is set. Plus it's a good story too!
5. Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott
This is about a daughter and mom who rob expensive houses, and they decide to do it in the beach town of Heaven.
6. Along For the Ride by Sarah Dessen
A lot of Sarah Dessen's books take place in the same areas, and I'm pretty sure this is set in the same town as Keeping the Moon.
7. The Six Rules of Maybe by Deb Caletti
Like Sarah Dessen, all of her books are located in the Pacific Northwest and this one specifically is on the ocean.
8. The Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells
I'm not a fan of the ending of this book, but I love the New England summer!