Friday, July 4, 2014

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

852470Summary:
Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school-that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it's really a school for spies. Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist"-but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?

Cammie Morgan may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophomore year, she's on her most dangerous mission-falling in love. (from GoodReads)


Review:
I decided to read this book because I love Ally Carter's Heist Society series and wanted to check out her other work. I still love Heist Society a lot more but this book was pretty cute!

I love the idea of strong female characters which is why I wanted to read this novel (the title is way too long) but this felt like a watered down version of Heist Society. Probably because these characters are still learning how to use their spy skills and Kat and her gang are actually out in the field. But I do love that they attend a secret school to learn how to be spies. What a fun concept and I really enjoyed that aspect.

I don't have too much to say about this book other than it's light and fun. It's definitely for a younger audience but if the older crowd wants to read it there's nothing wrong with that.

No comments: