Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.
Top Ten Books & Movies To Get into the Halloween Spirit
1. Night Film by Marisha Pessl
This book starts out so creepy. I remember just feeling uncomfortable while reading because the author does such a great job of setting a mood. It also has a great mystery that was fun to unravel.
2. The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting
Come on, Violet has a special sense that draws her to dead bodies. Perfect for Halloween.
3. Frost by Marianna Baer
I loved the ambiguity of Frost because you don't know if the house is haunted or the happenings are a result of mental illness.
4. Down a Dark Hallway by Lois Duncan
This probably isn't that scary anymore, but it definitely freaked me out in middle school!
1. The Conjuring - Such a spooky ghost story! I obviously don't believe that it's real, but they do claim that it all happened. Now I can't wait to watch the companion movie Annabelle.
2. The Village - I love this movie not because it's scary but the message is great! I'm sure some people will be freaked out by the scary parts too.
3. Hocus Pocus - Halloween classic
4. Halloweentown - Same for this one. Gotta love those Halloween classics.
5. Halloween - Michael Myers has always creeped me out and I love that it always takes place on Halloween.
6. Silent House - I don't get scared watching horror (unless it's a jump scare) but I remember being truly freaked out by this! Elizabeth Olsen does a great job.