Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday - 8

Another week and another look at a new, upcoming book! All credit is due to Jill from Breaking The Spine.

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.
I am so excited for this book, it's not even funny. The Hunger Games was amazing and this will probably be even better. I don't know how I'll be able to wait until September 1, 2009 for the release!
Also, I just saw on another blog that The Hunger Games is being made into a movie! Visit Temppett Too for all the details.

4 comments:

prophecygirl said...

I'm counting down the days 'til this is released!

Anonymous said...

I can not wait to read this book! I have to know what happens!

Sadako said...

Thanks for the heads up about Hunger Games--haven't read it yet but I've heard great things, and also want to see movie version.

Silvia said...

I've heard a lot about this series and when I'm finish with all the books I have in my to read list I'll buy the Hunger Games' books