Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cassandra Clare Signing

On Tuesday, me and my friend Molly drove a half-hour away to a Borders Express to see Cassandra Clare for the release of City of Glass! I had found out about the signing when I randomly decided to look at Cassandra's blog and there it was! I believe it was fate.

At 6 PM, Cassandra came out and everyone was so excited. There were over a hundred people there getting their books signed, which is a pretty good turnout. Cassandra first read two passages from City of Glass - one about Magnus and Alec, the other about Jace and Clary. After that people were allowed to ask questions. Some of the questions were spoiler-y for those who haven't read any of the books, but she was asked if she was Team Edward or Team Jacob.

Obviously, she said Team Edward. I don't know if you can see it, but her boyfriend is wearing a Team Edward shirt. It has a picture of a baby vampire on it, which was...different haha.

This is where Cassandra started signing the books. You could get all three signed, but I only had City of Bones and City of Glass. Since there weren't that many people, Cassandra got to talk to everyone for a few minutes which was really cool. I was number 49 in line and my friend Molly was number 50 and we only had to wait about an hour or so.

Here's me with Cassandra Clare! It was so cool to meet her and get a picture. When we went to a Stephenie Meyer signging after the release of Eclipse, there were six hundred people getting their books signed and we weren't allowed to get pictures with Stephenie or even talk to her for than a few seconds. So this was a lot more personal. Below is a picture of City of Glass (!!!) and the inside cover where Cassandra signed it.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that sounds like a fun experience!

prophecygirl said...

It looks like you had an amazing time! (so jealous!)

Oh, and I can't believe you've met Stephenie Meyer. What I wouldn't give to meet her!

Ms. Yingling said...

Oooh. What fun. I thought City of Bones was so much better than Twilight. I can't wait for the third book to get here!

vvb32 reads said...

How special! Thanks for sharing your experience and pics. Looks like there are a couple yummy cupcakes in the picture.