Sunday, March 22, 2009

Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott

Hannah has an interesting family. Her father is a second Hugh Hefner, while her mother is just like a Playboy bunny, complete with skimpy outfits and a daily live webcast to showcase her "talents." This, unfortunately, is not like something Hannah likes to bring friends home to. So Hannah manages to keep a low profile at school, not talking to anyone besides her friend Teagan. But when she's at work at BurgerTown, she has a hard time not being noticed. Having a crush on co-worker Josh doesn't help matters, and neither does having sort-of feelings for other co-worker Finn. Hannah's life is full of drama already and now that her dad wants her back in his life, things are going to be crazier than his reality TV show.

Elizabeth Scott is one of my new favorite authors and I still can't believe how many books she has written in such a short period of time. As always, Something, Maybe did not disappoint. After reading Living Dead Girl, Hannah's problems seem trivial in comparison, but this book was perfect if you want a light and funny read. How can you not laugh at Hannah's family situation? It's definitely a lot different from the usual family dynamics and it was something I really enjoyed reading about. I'm glad that by the end, Hannah began to accept that her family was not normal and learn to love her mom even with the skimpy clothes. The romance part was cute, but unfortunately extremely cliched. I knew who Hannah was going to end up with just by reading the back cover. I still liked this book a lot and recommend it all fans of Elizabeth Scott.

8 out of 10.
Release Date: March 24, 2009

7 comments:

Bookworm said...

Oooh....I can't wait to read this one, it looks amazing! I think I'll order it off of Amazon today!

prophecygirl said...

Nice review. I'm looking forward to this one :)

Anonymous said...

It looks really good and there is something about the cover that catches my eye.

Great review!

Thao said...

The ending sounds really cute and meaningful!

Readingjunky said...

My students really enjoy Elizabeth Scott's books. Thanks for your review.

Also, I've nominated you for the Sisterhood Award.

RJ

Sadako said...

I've heard totally awesome things about this book, all over, and I really liked your review of it!

Snowflake said...

Sounds awesome! Elizabeth Scott is a really fun writer. I recently finished Perfect You and loved it :)