Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - 58

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine for bloggers and readers to get excited about upcoming books.
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 12, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now.

Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumors tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault.

Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind. (From GoodReads)
I don't think anyone will be surprised when I say that I LOVE JOHN GREEN! I just found out about his newest book (it's about time!) and everyone I know had already knew about. I must be terribly out of the loop. Anyway, I'm still super excited and this sounds so good! Look for in on the shelves January 10, 2012.

5 comments:

Jess (Gone with the Words) said...

OMG!! I need this book NOW!!! Awesome pick!

Jess @ Gone with the Words :) (Waiting on Wednesday!)

Giselle said...

I haven't read anything by this author but I heard he was great.

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

someone else had this one too....and it looks awesome! Great pick!

Here's my WoW!

We Heart YA said...

Oh man, we just went to see him in Indianapolis, and he read the first chapter, and it was amazing!!! You can also find it on YouTube (his VlogBrothers channel). So yeah, we're definitely waiting on this one too.

jen said...

This sounds really really good! Great pick.