Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - 59

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine for bloggers and readers to get excited about upcoming books.

Ladies in Waiting by Laura L. Sullivan

Eliza dreams of being a playwright for the king’s theater, where she will be admired for her witty turns of phrase rather than her father’s wealth.
Beth is beautiful as the day but poor as a church mouse, so she must marry well, despite her love for her childhood sweetheart.

Zabby comes to England to further her scientific studies—and ends up saving the life of King Charles II. Soon her friendship with him becomes a dangerous, impossible obsession. Though she knows she should stay away from the young, handsome king, Charles has a new bride, Queen Catherine, and a queen needs ladies in waiting.

And so Zabby, Beth, and Eliza, three Elizabeths from very different walks of life, find themselves at the center of the most scandal-filled court that England has ever seen. (from GoodReads)


I love historical fiction, especially that which centers around a royal court. I don't know much about Charles II, so I'm really looking forward to this! Ladies in Waiting will be released on May 8, 2012.

4 comments:

Eden said...

Oooh, this one reminds me of Exit the Actress by Priya Parmar! I love Victorian historicals too. :D

Here's my WoW :)

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of this before.

Win an ebook of Destined by Jessie Harrell

Giselle said...

This one's new to me. Sounds interesting!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Lindsay Cummings author said...

new to me as well!!

here's my WOW post. stop by??!

http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/