Saturday, December 27, 2008

What's Up With Barnes & Noble?

I got a giftcard to Barnes & Noble for Christmas and wanted to knock off some of the books on my To Read list, so today I headed to the bookstore. I need to buy The Elite by Jennifter Banash, because I got In Too Deep from Flamingnet and I can't read the sequel without reading the first book. So I went to the Teen section and I can't find the book. I looked around for some of the other books I want and can't find them either. I went to the customer service and had the employee look up The Elite.

"Sorry," she said, "We don't have it in stock, but we can order it for you."
How about The Violet Series by Melissa Walker? I ask.
"No, we don't have it, but we can order it for you."
Ok, do you have any books by Elizabeth Scott? I ask again, starting to get annoyed.
"Which ones are you looking for?" she asked.
Living Dead Girl and Stealing Heaven, I answer.
"We only have Perfect You and Bloom in stock."
I already read those. Ok, thanks for your time.

I'm still completely amazed by the fact that Barnes & Noble didn't have any of the books I wanted. What is the world coming to?

9 comments:

di said...

This happened to me, too! I think they aren't spending enough time on their YA section...

~bella aire~

Test said...

I was at Barnes and Noble today and out of the 5 books I wanted they only had 2. I was so disappointed. Than when I went up to ask if they were getting in any of the ones I wanted the woman said in a couple of weeks. I was like are you serious? Plus, their whole young adult section was so disorganized, it took me like 10 minutes to find the ones they did have! Than, I went to Borders after that and they were no better. I was so amazed at how they both didn't have any of the new releases or books I wanted, too.

Khy said...

I've never seen The Elite or the Violet books at B&N or Borders. I wonder why that is.

Mrs. Magoo said...

Oh my gosh!!! The EXACT same thing happened to me yesterday!!! (Only with different books.)

Emily said...

Hmmm, they had everything I wanted...

Shalonda said...

I totally feel you. I wanted to purchase The Elite and could not find it at either Barnes and Noble or Borders. And I had to drive an hour to find a store that had Cracked Up to Be and Perfect Chemistry. They really need to step it up as far as new releases are concerned.

In happier news, I bought a ton of books in the After-Christmas blowout on Barnes and Noble's website. Most books were 3.99 or lower and that includes hardcover and paperback.

I also got a few good books on clearance at Borders today, so at least both stores are having decent sales.

Alea said...

I've seen one Violet book at a B&N but most titles are hit and miss unless it's like the most popular YA book of the season or twilight!

bethany griffin said...

Oh, I know it's awful but this kinda makes me feel better, because I've been wondering what's up with B&N for a few weeks. I know they bought copies of my book, but they aren't on shelves! So frustrated, but I'm glad it isn't just me. :) (glad they didn't decide my book was too dirty or risque or something and decide to send them all back to Delacorte)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

That is a bummer. I hate when I can't find certain books. I'm in love with Borders though. They have a lot of good stuff.

-lauren