Monday, December 31, 2012

Top 15 Books of 2012

Every year I make a list highlighting the best books I've read over the past 12 months! It's always so hard to choose, which is why I limit it to books that have been published in 2012. I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for us!

1. If I Lie by Corrine Jackson
This book took me by surprise because I could not put it down. I was fascinated by Quinn's story because she endures insults and verbal abuse in order to protect a big secret. Once you discover the secret, you won't be disappointed.

2. Easy by Tammara Weber
This was my first New Adult book and I loved it! I could really relate to the protagonist because she's a college student and the romance was very steamy!

3. The Opposite of Hallejuah by Anna Jarzab
This was so different than Anna Jarzab's first novel (All Unquiet Things) and I liked it even more! It's about a girl whose older sister returns home after being a nun for 8 years.

4. Speechless by Hannah Harrington
This reminded me of If I Lie which is probably why I liked it so much. After spending much of her high school career spreading rumors, Chelsea takes a vow of silence after something she said gets a boy assaulted.

5. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
The fifth book in The Mortal Instruments Series and kind of a no-brainer.

6. Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton
I love this series so much and I can't wait for the final book to be released!

7. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
Morgan Matson write such good contemporary novels. This one is fun but will make you cry at the end!

8. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
The second book in a trilogy sometimes suffers from Middle Book Syndrome, but luckily Pandemonium was amazing! What a great sequel with an even more intense cliffhanger.

9. V is For Virgin by Kelly Oram
This was the second Kelly Oram book I read and I loved it just as much as the first (Serial Hottie). She is an amazing author who writes smart funny books with great romances! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on her new books.

10. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Don't tell anyone, but I think I like The Infernal Devices better than The Mortal Instruments.

11. The Farm by Emily McKay
This was an exciting new debut to the sometimes overwhelmed vampire genre. I can't wait to see how the story continues.

12. Spark by Amy Kathleen Ryan
Another great sequel that did not disappoint! I'm not big on straight sci-fi but Ryan knows how to make spaceships exciting!!

13. Serial Hottie by Kelly Oram
I mentioned this book before but it really is one of the best books I've read in 2012. It was way funnier than I expected and the romance was extremely unique.

14. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
Sometimes I'm not big on high fantasy but Morgan Rhodes made me fall in love with this new and different world.

15. This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
I read this the most recently and it's a very good novel on human nature! And there's zombies, which makes it even more exciting.

1 comment:

We Heart YA said...

Ooo, just when we thought there would be no overlaps (mainly b/c we haven't read most of these) we got to #15! Yay for THIS IS NOT A TEST. Here's our full list: http://www.annareads.com/2013/01/hi-2013.html