Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - 28

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine for bloggers and readers to get excited about upcoming books.

The Time-Traveling Fashionista by Bianca Turetsky

When Louise Lambert receives a mysterious invitation to a traveling vintage fashion sale in the mail, her normal life in suburban Connecticut is magically transformed into a time traveling adventure.

After a brief encounter with two witchy salesladies and donning an evening gown that once belonged to a beautiful silent film star, Louise suddenly finds herself onboard a luxurious cruise ship in 1912. As Alice Baxter, the silent film star, Louise enjoys her access to an extensive closet of gorgeous vintage gowns and begins to get a feel for the challenges and the glamour of life during this decadent era. Until she realizes that she's not just on any ship-- she's on the Titanic!

Will Louise be able to save herself and change the course of history, or are she and her film star alter ego, destined to go down with a sinking ship in the most infamous sea disaster of the 20th century? (from Goodreads)

This sounds like it will be a really cute historical fiction novel AND it takes place on the Titanic which is totally awesome. Look for The Time-Traveling Fashionista in stores on April 5, 2011.

3 comments:

Lark Andrea said...

This sounds so cool! Adding it to my TBR list.

Reading Lark's WOW

Catt said...

Wow, I def. want to read this. I usually don't read books that go back in time or ones not taking place in the current time period, but since its Titanic, I def. have to read it!!

Thanks for sharing this :D Adding it to my list to read :D

Here is my WoW, http://miss-check-out.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

Small Review said...

This one looks really good! At first I passed it by because I don't really like the cover, but when I heard it was a time travel book I knew I had to read it :)