Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - 118

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry

1. The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale
One of the characters dies in this book (which you don't expect because this book is a comedy) and I just bawled my eyes out. I have no idea why I identified with this book so much but I was a mess. I don't know if anyone else was super sad while reading, but I sure was.

2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
This is a pretty obvious pick and I know there won't be a dry eye in the theater when the movie is released.

3. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Major character death that everyone knows by now since it was in the movie. It was heartbreaking.

4. The Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton
A few side characters die and while I wasn't too invested in them, Ellie and her friends are so upset that it's bound to make the reader shed a few tears as well.

5. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
The main character's dad has cancer. The book was good but that part was horrible.

6. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
This novel describes the evacuation of Lithuanians to Siberia during WWII. Just an awful event that not that many people are aware of.

7. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
The ending is really sad and unexpected. I can't remember if I cried during the book, but I definitely did while watching the movie.

8. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
I read this for school in sixth grade and everyone was so upset after the ending since it involves dogs.

9. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
I didn't cry at the ending but I know there are people that will. So be prepared!

10. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
This was sad in a good way - just a perfect ending.

3 comments:

Ashna said...

Emotional list! I've read TFIOS and Harry Potter and My Sister's Keeper from your list. Really, My Sister's Keeper's ending was unexpected! Definitely was a shock. :|

Unknown said...

Oh man, I cried just while watching TFiOS movie trailer, so I can't imagine how much I'll cry when I'm watching the movie!

Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm said...

Great picks! My Sister's Keeper and The Time Traveller's Wife made my list too, those books are both just so sad. I picked Deathly Hallows, but the last three HP books make me cry. My TTT :)