Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

After her father died a year ago, Macy has been in control of her life. Everything needs to be perfect: her grades, her hair, even her intelligent boyfriend Jason. So when Jason goes to Brain Camp for the summer and Macy is stuck with a boring job at the library, it's right where she wants to be. Until she meets the Wish Catering crew, where the employees thrive on chaos and craziness, so unlike her own life. She meets Wes, and they become friends by playing the Truth game, where you always have to tell the truth even in response to tough questions. Through a new job and bonding with Wes over funny and sometimes sad stories, Macy discovers a lot of truths about her own life.

This book was adorable. I don't think it was Sarah Dessen's best, but it was still a really good book. I love how I get sucked into the story and feel like I'm actually there. I seriousy wish I could work for Wish Catering; even with all the craziness, it seems like so much fun. Macy was a great character, and the sadness she felt over her father made her even more real. Complimenting her, other characters like Kristy and Wes were so interesting. Wes seemed like a great guy and I liked how he and Macy could pretty much tell each other anything, via the game Truth. What I didn't like was how their relationship really dragged on and it took forever for them to acknowledge their feelings for each other. I also like how Sarah Dessen links her books together by mentioning places and things present in other books. For example, Macy's family has a beach house in Colby, which is where Keeping The Moon takes place. Just a good book that anyone can relate to.

7 out of 10.

No comments: