Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight: The Movie

OMG! Twilight was so good! It obviously wasn't as good as the book, but I still liked it. It was really weird, though, because whenever I see the Harry Potter movies, I like them, but I'm always disappointed because they are nothing like the books. But this time, I wasn't disappointed. Sure, things could have been done better, but it was still good. There were so many funny moments! Everyone in the theater could not stop laughing. There was this guy sitting behind us that was hilarious. He kept adding his commentary to the movie, and it wasn't annoying, thank goodness.

Now for the things I didn't like. Everything was rushed. Edward and Bella falling in love and then the ending were the worst moments of speediness. But what can you expect from a two hour movie? I personally think an extra half-hour could have done wonders for the plot. Robert Pattison and Kristen Stewart, as Edward and Bella, have me on the fence. At some parts I loved them and at other parts I didn't really like them. All the other characters were great, except Alice's voice was driving me crazy! It was really high-pitched. Other than that I thought it was a good companion to the book. If you havent' read the book, you should probably wait to see the movie, because things are explained a lot better in the book.

What did everyone else think?
By the way, I put this other movie poster up that I like much better than the original.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angela said...

I saw the movie twice this weekend ... once at midnight with the girls and then again on Saturday night with the husband and I enjoyed it. No, it's definitely not as good as the book - but when have you ever seen a movie that was as good as the book (when the book was really good already on its own)? I can't wait to see the rest of the movies!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I really enjoyed it. I see the books and movies are different things, so that aspect never really bothers me...for example, I still really really love the Harry Potter movies for what they are.

I go into more detail with my review if you want to see what I thought about certain characters or whatever!!!

OHH..and I interviewed this girl who makes Twilight jewelry. It's amazing, so if you happen to read it, please leave your thoughts so Sarah can see!!!

thanks,
lauren