Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - 64

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Reading Goals for 2013

1. Read 100 books!
This is my goal every year - I accomplished it in 2011, but not in 2012. I'm going to try to do it again this year!

2. Read a book in Spanish.
I've been studying Spanish for 7 years and I think I'm ready to read a novel in the language. I'll definitely need a dictionary next to me, but I still want to try.

3. Read classics.
I definitely like modern literature better, especially since it's so much easier to read. But I want to be well-versed in all types of lit and that includes the older books.

4. Finish Dreamhunter by Elizabeth Knox.
Is it bad that I've been "reading" this book since May 2011?

5. Finish A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.
I've been reading this since the summer, as well, and I need to get back to it.

6. Finish the series I've left hanging.
This is a big problem for me and I hate that there's random books here and there that I have to read. I'm going to do it this year!

That's all I can think of right now! What are your goals for this year?

2 comments:

Lady In Read said...

100 books is not something i have attempted yet.. (unless i plan to include all the little books i read to my daughter - then i can easily do a few 100s:))and reading a book in another language - admirable! i have classics on my goal list too..up on my blog..

Divergent Gryffindor said...

#2 is really cool! I've been wanting to learn Spanish. I think it would be esier for me tolearn Spanish thanany other langauge since some Tagalog words are derived from Spanish. Good luck! :)

My Goals for 2013
Waiting on Wednesday