Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - 67

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Most Frustrating Characters Ever

1. Bella Swan - Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Obviously she is number one for many reasons, but her whole world revolves around her unhealthy relationship with Edward and she just isn't that likable.

2. Dolores Umbridge - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
Umbridge is one of the worst villains; I seriously hated her in this book. She's even seems worse than Voldemort, which is really saying something.

3. Delilah - Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer
Delilah was annoying because she was obsessed with a book and with a fairy tale character. She was so obsessed that he neglected her mother and friends in order to talk to him through the book.

4. Will Herondale - Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
I love Will, but I really wanted him to tell everyone his secret. I hate how everyone in the book thinks he's a jerk because he has to act that way. So frustrating!

5. Nora - Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Nora is another Mary Sue character like Bella. Her life is based on her relationship with Patch, who isn't always the most loving boyfriend.

6. Dr. Frankenstein - Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Dr. Frankenstein was so annoying. I even wrote an essay on how everything that happens in the novel is his fault and how he complains rather than fixes his problems. What a self-centered character.

7. Mr. Collins - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
A lot of people have him on their list, and for good reason too. He's so annoying and doesn't even realize it. Luckily, it was pretty humorous reading about him.

8. Kieran - Spark by Amy Kathleen Ryan
Kieran was okay in the first novel, but in the sequel his character is paranoid, self-centered, and pretty narcissistic. So many issues could have been avoided if he didn't have such a vendetta against Seth.

9. Wren - Lovely, Dark and Deep by Amy McNamara
I sympathized with Wren but there are times when you want to yell "snap out of it!" at her. I know she's depressed, but it doesn't give her an excuse to be rude to all the people she cares about.

10. Cathy & Heathcliff - Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
This characters are known for being the least likable and sympathetic in literature, so I thought it was appropriate to include them in this list.
  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good list! I think we all can agree on Bella Swan! I didn't include Catherine and Heathcliff on mine, but they certainly fit.

Lisa
My TTT

danicapage said...

I totally agree with about Cathy and Heathcliff and Bella. All three of those made my list.

Mr. Collins was one who should have topped mine, but I didn't think of him. Thanks for sharing.

Kay said...

Dolores made my list too. She is such a horrible creature.

My Top Ten