Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.
Top Ten New to Me Authors of 2013
1. Neal Shusterman - I read both Unwind and UnWholly this year and they are amazing sci fi books. I can't wait to finish the trilogy with UnSouled.
2. Ruta Sepetys - I can't believe I went so long without reading a book by Sepetys. She is a fantastic writer and I loved both Out of the Easy and Between Shades of Gray.
3. Kasie West - I thought that The Distance Between Us was the cutest book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I want to read Pivot Point which is a vastly different concept.
4. Holly Thompson - I'm really not a fan of novels in verse, but The Language Inside was beautifully written.
5. John Corey Whaley - Where Things Come Back has to be my favorite title of the year and the boo was just as good!
6. Amy McNamara - Lovely, Dark and Deep perfectly describes Amy McNamara's debut novel, which was a fascinating look at depression.
7. Elizabeth Wein - This is another author I can't believe I waited this long to read. It was hard to get into Code Name Verity but the second part of the book is excellent.
8. Megan Shepherd - I really enjoyed The Madman's Daughter even though I never read The Island of Dr. Moreau, the classic novel on which this book was based. I'm really excited to see what happens next in the sequel.
9. Kerstin Gier - I've been wait to read Ruby Red for so long and it did not disappoint!
10. Laura Nowlin - If He Had Been With Me was surprisingly good and I'm so glad I picked it up!