Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - 114

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Books I Read in 2013

1. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
I know some people are tired of the Shadowhunter world (which I definitely understand) but Clockwork Princess was just a fantastic ending to The Infernal Devices trilogy. I really couldn't ask for a better book.

2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
It took me forever to read this novel, but I'm so glad I finally did! John Green continues to amaze me and I am very much looking forward to the movie.

3. Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
I read both of Ruta Sepetys's books this year and they were amazing. I think I liked Out of the Easy better due to the wonderful atmosphere of New Orleans and the array of side characters that brought the story to life.

4. Just One Day by Gayle Forman
Even though I was disappointed by Just One Year (review forthcoming), I stand by my original opinion of Just One Day, which I really enjoyed.

5. Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
I would really love to reread this book because it was that good. It's very literary for those of you who don't like fluff and I completely understand why it won the Printz award.

6. Prodigy by Marie Lu
Normally book #2 of a trilogy or series falls prey to the Middle Book Syndrome but I liked Prodigy even more than Legend! I can't wait to finish off the series.

7. Unwind by Neal Shusterman
What a great dystopian novel! I can't wait to finish this trilogy either.

8. The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
I haven't read a Sarah Dessen book in long time but I was so impressed by her latest work. I want to live in Colby!

9. If He Had Been With Me by Laura Nowlin
This book surprised me but it was wonderful. Very thought-provoking and the story just flowed so naturally. Laura Nowlin has a great voice.

10. The Language Inside by Holly Thompson
Not a fan of verse or poetry, but Holly Thompson drew me in with her beautiful writing.

No comments: