Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - 78

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Hilarious Book Titles

1. Serial Hottie by Kelly Oram
First off, this book was hilarious and a ton of fun. Even though the "serial hottie" could be a little creepy, he seemed like he was a good guy at heart. I love the play on words and how the title insinuates that the hottie is a serial killer - which is what the protagonist thinks!

2. Evolution, Me and Other Freaks of Nature by Robin Brande
This book is adorable and I love science so it was right up my alley. I love how evolution is considered to be a freak of nature.

3. You Are So Undead to Me by Stacey Jay
This is a play on the insult "you're dead to me" but with zombies! I read this way before the current zombie craze so kudos to Stacey Jay for getting a jump start on the genre.

4. Never Sit Down in a Hoopskirt and Other Things I Learned in Southern Belle Hell by Crickett Rumley
Every time I read this in public, people made fun of me. It's such a fun title though and tells you exactly what you're going to be reading.

5. The Liar, the Bitch, and the Wardrobe by Allie Kingsley
Love the change from the original title: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

6. Josie Griffin is Not a Vampire by Heather Swain
Most books feature characters that are vampires or supernatural creatures, so this is telling you that that's not the case!

7. Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance by Emily Franklin and Brendan Halpin
I like the creation of a new word "fauxmance" to denote a fake romance.

8. Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
I think every girl in a fantasy or paranormal book needs Jessica's guide.

9. How Not to Be Popular by Jennifer Ziegler
Most people want to be popular, so they might not pick up this hilarious and totally awesome book.

10. Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin
Freshman year is definitely an unnatural disaster, but this book is still cute!

1 comment:

Lola said...

This is such a fun topic! :)