Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - 80

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Words/Topics That Will Make Me Pick Up a Book

1. Road Trip 
I love a good road trip novel! Just the idea of driving around and seeing new places is so exciting. Plus it's a great way to show character development and self-discovery!

2. Europe
I love to travel and would love to tour all of Europe someday. Whenever the characters go abroad, I will read that book!

3. Summer
I am in love with the summer: warm weather, fun, free time. It's the perfect setting for a romance and it's even better if it's at the beach.

4. The Tudors
I love historical fiction but my favorite era is Tudor England! I will read any book set during this time, especially if it's about King Henry and his wives.

5. Mystery
I love mysteries in both books and movies, so I enjoy reading a book where you have to figure out whodunnit! I think I get this from reading a lot of Nancy Drew.

6. Secrets
This probably goes along with "mystery" but I love books in which the character has a secret. I usually fly through the pages in order to figure it out!

7. Romance
I'm a sucker for a little romance in my books, so this will make me more inclined to read it.

8. Action
I hate reading exposition so there better be a lot of dialogue and action occurring so I don't get bored.

9. Swimming
This doesn't occur a whole lot but if a character is a swimmer I will definitely pick up the book. I then usually end up nitpicking everything about it but that's ok!

10. Humor
I love it when contemporary novels have comedy, especially if it's a book by Leila Sales!

6 comments:

kayerj said...

hmmmm . . . I like all those words too. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

Unknown said...

ooh secrets yeah i love those
new follower (follow back)
http://nabooksvsboys.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday_30.html

Anonymous said...

I love Tudor History as well! Great list!

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

I agree with all of these. Love books about summer and humorous books, and the Tudors are so fascinating. Great list!

Anonymous said...

Road trip and mystery are on my list too, and I'd love more humor books, as well! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/04/29/topicsword/

Alice @ Alice in Readerland

Somewhere Only We Know said...

Haven't read many books about swimmers either, but I've liked the few I have read. Interesting pick!

My TTT
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know