Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - 24

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine as a way for bloggers and readers to see what books will be published in the future.

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

From bestselling, Printz Award-winning author Libba Bray, the story of a plane of beauty pageant contestants that crashes on a desert island.

Teen beauty queens. A "Lost"-like island. Mysteries and dangers. No access to email. And the spirit of fierce, feral competition that lives underground in girls, a savage brutality that can only be revealed by a journey into the heart of non-exfoliated darkness. Oh, the horror, the horror! Only funnier. With evening gowns. And a body count. (from GoodReads)

I love Libba Bray so much and I am beyond excited for her new book. She really needs to write more because all her stories are wonderful. This sounds very Lost and Lord of Flies-esque, but girly at the same time and come on, it's Libba Bray. I only have to wait until May 24, 2011 to read this.

4 comments:

Pixie said...

This sounds unique, I am adding it to my list.

Pixie
Our WoW

Aleetha said...

Have seen that book once. Swim suit and those bullets are not matching. It's creepy for me
XD

Nice pick

Skye (In The Good Books) said...

I can't wait for Beauty Queens either! I love Libba Bray's books!

Lisa @ Lost in Literature said...

This looks really good! :)

Lisa @ Lost in Literature
Here's my WoW