Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday - 86

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine for bloggers and readers to learn about new books.
Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo

A wonderful, coming-of-age love story from a fresh new voice in YA fiction.

'Miss Amelia Hayes, welcome to The Land of Dreams. I am the staff trainer. I will call you grasshopper and you will call me sensei and I will give you the good oil. Right? And just so you know, I'm open to all kinds of bribery.'

From the moment 15-year-old Amelia begins work on the checkout at Woolworths she is sunk, gone, lost...head-over-heels in love with Chris. Chris is the funny, charming, man-about-Woolies, but he's 21, and the 6-year difference in their ages may as well be 100. Chris and Amelia talk about everything from Second Wave Feminism to Great Expectations and Alien but will he ever look at her in the way she wants him to? And if he does, will it be everything she hopes? (from GoodReads)


I think this sounds so cute, plus I absolutely love the title! Why is this not being released until December 11, 2010?!

No comments: