Monday, December 9, 2013

Book vs. Movie: Catching Fire

Ok so by now everyone should have seen Catching Fire and if you haven't you need to get there ASAP. I saw the movie right when it was released and it was amazing!!! What a great experience. I'm going to list the things that I liked and didn't like (are they any??) so beware of minor spoilers.

The pacing was fantastic. Pretty much every important scene in the book was hit in the movie and nothing was really changed. Even some of the lines were direct quotes! There is one scene in particular that was cut that some people might be annoyed about but overall they screenwriters did an excellent job.

The casting and acting were superb. Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Woody Harrelson and every other actor continue to do a great job. The new additions, which included Sam Clafin, Jena Malone and Philip Seymour Hoffman, really embodied their characters and I can't wait to see them in Mockingjay.

I just can't wait to see what they do with Mockingjay, especially because they're splitting it into two movies. I was kind of annoyed when I found out about that because we'll have to wait even longer to see the whole series finished and it's most likely a money-making ploy. I wasn't the biggest fan of Mockingjay so I'm nervous but I'm sure they'll do a great job.

2 comments:

We Heart YA said...

We actually think splitting Mockingjay into 2 parts could benefit the films, because SO MUCH HAPPENS in that book. Plus, they've done a fabulous job with the first 2 movies, you know?

Haha, what scene did they cut that you think people would be upset about? We obviously didn't notice. But we too loved the film!

Simply_Megan said...

They cut out the scene where Katniss meets those two women in the woods and finds out about District 13. My friend thought they should have had it because at the end of the film they are suddenly going to District 13 and it hadn't really been mentioned before.

They also cut the part where Heavensbee shows Katniss the pocketwatch. But that's not a huge deal either :)