Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - 123

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Favorite Books in the Fantasy Genre

1. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
This is an obvious choice, so no explanation needed.

2. The Mortal Instrumentals by Cassandra Clare
I know people are tired of these books, but I really can't get enough of the Shadowhunter world. I can't wait for the conclusion to be released in a few months.

3. The Angelfire Trilogy by Courtney Allison Moulton
I finally read Shadows in the Silence and it was amazing!

4. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
I'm really enjoying this series, even though it's yet another vampire book. The movie wasn't amazing but definitely check out the books!

5. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
Yes, another Clare series. I actually love this one more than TMI, which I'm not sure how is possible.

6. The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray
I love this series, especially because it wears so many hats. It can be classified as fantasy, historical fiction, romance and it does a great job in all of those genres.

7. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
This was such a good high fantasy novel and very similar to Game of Thrones. I just borrowed the sequel from the library and I can't wait to read it.

8. The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
I was wary to read this book because I'm not a huge fan of fantasy but I ended up loving it! I still haven't finished the trilogy though which is pretty pathetic.

9. Glimmerglass by Jenna Black
I hated this book in the beginning and ended up loving it in the end! Not quite sure what my problem was at the time. This is another series I have yet to finish.

10. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
This counts as fantasy right? Maybe it's more science fiction. Either way, it's an awesome book.

No comments: