Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - 128

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Freebie: Top Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't

1. Night Film by Marisha Pessl - This topic is so applicable because I considered putting down the latest book I have read. It seems silly now, but I was genuinely freaked out by the beginning of Night Film. I'm glad I kept reading though because it was a great thriller and not quite as scary as I thought it would be.

2. Glimmerglass by Jenna Black - I remember not liking the beginning of this book at all, but ultimately loved the rest of the novel and its sequel. Still need to finish the trilogy though!

3. Emma by Jane Austen - This book was so long with really small print and I almost put it down. I'm glad I didn't though.

4. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad - This was an assigned book for class and for some reason I thought it was so boring.

5. The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx - Another assigned book, this time for summer reading. It's not good at all. But I obviously had to read the whole thing.

6. Tithe by Holly Black - I hated this book when I first read it! Not quite sure why but I did manage to finish the whole book.

7. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley - The beginning of Brave New World is very weird and hard to get into. I'm glad I stuck through though because I ended up writing my research paper for AP Lit on this novel.

8. Halo by Alexandra Adornetto - What a terrible, sexist book. I slugged through the entire thing and recently donated the sequel because I know I'm never going to read it.

9. The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka - I was so freaked out by the main character turning into a gigantic cockroach. Since this was another assigned book I read the entire thing.

10. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens - I actually did put down this book because I had to return my copy to the library. I eventually read the rest online.

No comments: