Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - 136

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Books & Movies To Get into the Halloween Spirit

Books:

1. Night Film by Marisha Pessl
This book starts out so creepy. I remember just feeling uncomfortable while reading because the author does such a great job of setting a mood. It also has a great mystery that was fun to unravel.

2. The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting
Come on, Violet has a special sense that draws her to dead bodies. Perfect for Halloween.

3. Frost by Marianna Baer
I loved the ambiguity of Frost because you don't know if the house is haunted or the happenings are a result of mental illness.

4. Down a Dark Hallway by Lois Duncan
This probably isn't that scary anymore, but it definitely freaked me out in middle school!

Movies:

1. The Conjuring - Such a spooky ghost story! I obviously don't believe that it's real, but they do claim that it all happened. Now I can't wait to watch the companion movie Annabelle.

2. The Village - I love this movie not because it's scary but the message is great! I'm sure some people will be freaked out by the scary parts too.

3. Hocus Pocus - Halloween classic

4. Halloweentown - Same for this one. Gotta love those Halloween classics.

5. Halloween - Michael Myers has always creeped me out and I love that it always takes place on Halloween.

6. Silent House - I don't get scared watching horror (unless it's a jump scare) but I remember being truly freaked out by this! Elizabeth Olsen does a great job.

No comments: