Tuesday, September 16, 2008

BBAW Interview: Dewey from The Hidden Side of the Leaf

When Amy from My Friend Amy started this whole Book Blogger's Appreciation Week, she emailed us to ask if anyone wanted to interview a fellow Book Blogger. I said yes, and my interview partner was Dewey from The Hidden Side of the Leaf. You can read her interview of me here.

1. How did you get started book review blogging?
I started my blog because I wanted a place to write about my reading. I didn't expect to have an audience (at first I didn't even have comments turned on) and I didn't expect to become involved in the book blogosophere. But now I participate in all sorts of blogging activities, and I'm really interested in book bloggers as a community.


2. What do you like the most about blogging?
I think what I like most is making new friends. But I also really like all the free books that come my way and hearing about good books from other bloggers.

3. What are your favorite books and/or genre?
My favorite genre is probably what is known as literary fiction, although I don't really like that term. I have so many favorite books that I wouldn't know where to start. But I think that my favorite book I've read so far this year is Purple Hibiscus.

4. If you could meet one author, who would you meet and why? Probably Margaret Atwood. I heard her speak once, and it left me wanting to ask her a thousand questions. She's just such a brilliant person, and I love the way she thinks.

5. What advice would you give aspiring book reviewers?
I hear people belittling their own ideas by saying they can't review books or don't have anything interesting to say. I think they should just trust in themselves and know that their reactions are just as meaningful as anyone else's.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great interview! It's so nice to see some young book lovers out there. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

What fun!

Serena said...

Thanks for sharing this interview. I popped on over from Dewey's interview of you. Welcome to the book blogging world.