Monday, October 12, 2009

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. (Taken from Amazon)

I absolutely loved this book! It was just as good as The Hunger Games, and maybe even better! I had been anxiously the release of Catching Fire ever since I read the first book a year ago. It definitely reached and then surpassed my expectations. The romance with Peeta (one of my favorite parts) was still present, but the reader also gets romantic tension with Gale, which was absent in the first novel. I also liked learning about the districts and capitol and a little bit of the history about them. The president (who is more like a dictator) is even a character in Catching Fire, which is cool. I loved the twists and turns the story took and every other page I was saying "Oh my god" to something that happened. I could not put Catching Fire down and now cannot wait for the third installment. How will I survive?


10 out of 10.

1 comment:

Briana said...

Ah!! I love love love this book!!! I couldnt put it down! I am right there with ya..I dont know how I will survive till the 3rd book!! Its killing me already! So glad you loved it! :)

-Arielle