Sunday, October 3, 2010

The One Short Story You Need to Read!

I will be the first to admit it - I am not a big fan of short stories. There are a few that I like, but whenever I have to read them for school, my thinking goes along the line of "So what was the point?" For some reason, I just don't get short stories; to me they sometimes seem like they have no point. I much prefer novels - there's just more time for character development, plot, etc and more room for the author to make a point. But when I read "The Dream Thief" by Scott Tracy (whose first novel Witch Eyes will be released in Fall 2011), I fell in love. This is one short story that I would recommend. But at the same time, there's such a good premise going, that it demands more. Chelsea of The Page Flipper has started a petition for Scott to transform "The Dream Thief" into a full length novel. I highly recommend that you read the story and then sign the petition. I desperately need to read this in a full length novel and I really really hope Scott Tracy writes more. Enjoy!

EDIT: Scott Tracy has updated his story saying that he will be expanding "The Dream Thief"! Hooray!

No comments: