Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - 77

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Books I Read Before I was a Blogger

1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
I first started Harry Potter when I was in 4th grade and finished in 2007, so HP was never reviewed on here.

2. The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray
My friend read A Great and Terrible Beauty when we were in middle school think and I picked it up because of the beautiful cover. Luckily for me, it was the perfect blend of romance, historical fiction, fantasy and a strong heroine. This is such a great trilogy!

3. Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld
I read Uglies when I was in seventh grade (so long ago!) and it was one of the first dystopians I read. The series has such a great premise and tremendous world-building.

4. The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
I was wary of reading this because it was fantasy, but my friend wanted me to test it out first to see if she would like it (I'm such a great friend!). I actually really liked it, but I still haven't read the last book in the trilogy, so you could eventually get a review of that.

5. Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys by Kate Brian
I picked this up in the bookstore because the protagonist has the same name as me! It feels like so long ago that I first read this and I occasionally pick it up if I want something light and cute.

6. Model: A Memoir by Cheryl Diamond
This is the first memoir I've read and I loved it! It's about the experiences of a model, but I liked how Cheryl was able to stay out of all the bad aspects of modeling (drugs, etc) and become a strong role model.

7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
I read this in ninth grade, which is standard for most schools, so before I had my blog.

8. The Giver by Lois Lowry
This is one of my favorite books ever and the two times I read it (5th and 7th grade) were before Simply Books. Definitely check this out!

9. The Bayern Books by Shannon Hale
I still haven't read the last book in this series, but The Goose GirlEnna Burning and River Secretswere all awesome! These are some of the only high fantasy books I like. They are more like MG so I don't know how many of you will like these now, but I really enjoyed them when I was younger.

10. Tangerine by Edward Bloor
I read this in my 7th grade reading class and loved it. Beware of the big twist at the end!

2 comments:

Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict said...

I just recently finished Megan Meade's Guide to McGowan Boys, and I really enjoyed it. It was such a cute read. Great list!

Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

My TTT

Danielle Annett said...

Great Top 10. H.P. made my list too
New Follower
Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com