Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - 116

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers and readers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Things on My Reading Wish List

1. Strong & Spunky Heroines
I love the girls who kick butt and aren't the traditional, demure female character. Rose Hathaway from The Vampire Academy series comes to mind.

2. The Beach!
I need some summertime stories, especially since it's snowing outside right now. When I read The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen I couldn't get enough of the small beach town where the book takes place.

3. 1920s Setting
This is a fantastic era: music, dancing, wealth. I'm surprised there aren't more books set here!

4. College Setting
I'm a senior in college and can probably count on one hand the number of books I've read that are set on a college campus. Are we too good for you YA authors?? I know there's the emerging market of New Adult but I really haven't seen too many of them around.

5. Road Trip
I love to travel so I can't get enough of road trip novels. It's great that the US is so big and varied - there's so many places for the characters to visit.

6. French Revolution
This is such a fascinating time period, with intrigue and political upheaval. Even a story about Marie Antoinette would work.

7. Downton Abbey Style
The beginning of the series takes place in the early 1900s, so I would love a book set then on a big estate like the show.

8. Spooky Stories
I love thrillers and mysteries so I would love to read a really creepy story.

What is on your wish list??

3 comments:

Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm said...

Great list! I love Downton, so I would love books like that. I would also love more road tip books, I really loved Roger & Amy's Epic Detour, such a great book. Great picks :)

My TTT :)

Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

Downton Abbey is a great idea! Ugh just love that show.