Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - 117

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Worlds I Would Never Want to Live In

1. Panem in The Hunger Games
This is such an obvious one but I would be terrified every Reaping that I would be picked as a tribute. And there's no way that I would actually survive the Hunger Games. Even if you make it to adulthood, your life is guaranteed to be pretty awful.

2. The world in Uglies
I love this series so much but there's no way that I would want mandatory plastic surgery, nor would I want my brain altered so I don't care about anything.

3. The world in Delirium
A world without love? That sounds horrible.

4. The world in The Farm
Not only are there vampires and vampire-zombie hybrid creatures, but all teenagers are forced to live in these camps (called farms) where they have no freedom.

5. The world in Across the Universe
The world is so decimated that governments decide to send people to another planet. Living on a spaceship feels so claustrophobic, nor would I want to live on another planet. Who knows what's there?

6. The world in Wither
Women die by the time they're 20 and men die when they're 25. No thanks.

7. The world in Article 5
The government in Article 5 is super oppressive

8. London in 1984
Another book with an oppressive, totalitarian government. There's even thought police!

9. The world in The Forest of Hands and Teeth
I would hate to live in a village surrounding by hungry zombies just waiting to get their hands on me. Not to mention that the rules of the village kind of suck too.

10. The world in Candor
This book takes place in a community where the teenagers are controlled using subliminal messages. So creepy.

I

2 comments:

Iris @ IrisjeXx said...

I have 1984 and The Hunger Games as well.

I'm surprised that 1984 isn't on more lists... I forgot to include the Handmaid's Tale as well. Those are such scary and somewhat realistic worlds to imagine *shudder*

Farhana Reads said...

Panem is definitely trending :)
I wouldn't want to live there either! Having barely enough food to live, being bossed around by sick-minded people in the Capitol, nah I'm out.