Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - 93

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Favorite Beginnings/Endings in Books

1. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
I'm reading Requiem right now (it's so good!) so this trilogy is on my mind. I remember how stunned I was at the ending of Pandemonium. Definitely one of the biggest cliffhangers and it was worth the wait.

2. Just One Day by Gayle Forman
Another favorite ending with a cliffhanger!

3. Shades of Earth by Beth Revis
I just really liked the way this trilogy ended. The last book was my favorite and I liked how everything came together.

4. Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
I was so happy with the ending of Where Things Come Back. There's two stories running simultaneously and you don't realize they are connected until the very end. The author did a great job weaving them together!

5. Sever by Lauren DeStefano
This is the last book of another trilogy and I enjoyed how everything concluded.

6. The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd
Finally, a favorite beginning! The start of The Madman's Daughter really drew me and made me love this novel! It's funny because the beginning is set in London but the rest of the novel is on a tropical island. It still set the mood, though.

7. Prodigy by Marie Lu
The ending of Prodigy was a cliffhanger (but a satisfying one!) and I can't wait to read Champion.

8. Taken by Erin Bowman
While I didn't love the whole book, the beginning was amazing! You'll get sucked right into the world of heists!

9. Heist Society by Ally Carter
This is just one of my favorite books all around but the beginning starts out with Kat getting kicked out of boarding school for defacing the headmaster's car. The thing is, she didn't do it. How/Why was she framed?! You'll have to read to find out.

10. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
I know that there are 3 more books in this series but in my mind they are separate because I thought this was such a beautiful ending.

3 comments:

Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict said...

I LOVE the ending of City of Glass too! It made my list :) Great list!

Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

My TTT

Test said...

The ending of Just One Day was so good yet I was still like "What?! That's the ending?! I want more!". Also, this reminds me that I still need to read Where Things Come Back.

Christina Reads YA said...

I haven't read some of these, but Just One Day had a fantastic ending that makes me really want to read Just One Year. Those kind of endings don't always work for me, but I always really invested in the story by then.

The Prodigy ending. Some people said they saw that coming, but wow I did not. And neither did I see just how addicted I'd become to Heist Society. Love these choices!

Some of them are from books that I own but haven't read yet. It's good that they had satisfying endings :).