Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - 89

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Most Intimidating Books

1. Cien Anos de Soledad (One Hundred Years of Solitude) by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
I decided today that I want to read a book in Spanish and my library has a copy of this! Suffice to say, I am so intimidated because it's going to be really hard. But I want to do it!

2. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
I've already read Anna Karenina and it took me awhile to read due to length and language. I'm sure I would face the same trouble here!

3. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
I'm intimidated by the content of this one, especially since it's about an underage affair.

4. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevski
Another book that's super long! And since it's another Russian writer I'm sure the language is similar to Anna Karenina.

5. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
I still haven't read this but I really want to. I'm just afraid it won't be as good as Harry Potter.

6. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Everyone has loved this book so I feel like I should read it but what if I don't like it as much as everyone else?

7. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
I have had this book on my shelf for a really long time but haven't read it yet. Again, I'm afraid I won't like it as much as everyone else, plus it's one of the original classics.

8. Henry VIII by William Shakespeare
I love the Tudors but have yet to read Shakespeare's adaptation. He's very  intimidating because the writing is so different.

9. Henry VIII: The King and His Court by Alison Weir
I bought this at a used bookstore because I love the Tudors (see above) but I usually just read historical fiction. This is a non-fiction history book!

10. The Odyssey by Homer
I never had to read this in school and I feel like I should have! It's so long though.

No comments: