Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - 90

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Best & Worst Book-to-Movie Adaptations

BEST

1. The Hunger Games - I was so so impressed by this movie. My expectations were extraordinarily high, but I was wasn't disappointed in the least (which is super unusual). The acting, dialogue, sets, pacing were all fantastic and I cannot wait for Catching Fire!

2. Game of Thrones - Technically a TV show but it definitely belongs on this list. I've talked about Game of Thrones before but I can't get over how amazing the adaptation is. The actors are cast wonderfully and the sets look like they cost a million dollars (because they do!).

3. Something Borrowed - I was pleasantly surprised by this movie and that it didn't fall into some cliche romantic comedy trap. The book was wonderful and the movie was perfect, even with some of the changes. All the actors did a great job, but John Krasinski stole the show!

4. The Great Gatsby (2013) - This is probably a controversial pick, but since I haven't seen the other movies I can only comment on this one! And I loved this adaptation, even with the minor changes. Leonardo DiCaprio brought the character of Gatsby and I enjoyed watching him onscreen.

5. Jane Eyre (2011) - Jane Eyre is one of my favorite classic novels and I think this was such a good movie! My sister, who hadn't read the book, even understood what was going on so you know it's good!

WORST

1. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Naturally I love all the Harry Potter movies but I think this one was the worst. It was the shortest movie for the longest book (makes no sense to me) and it was extremely rushed. They cut out so much that it was hard to enjoy the movie the first time around.

2. The Last Song - The book was decent but unfortunately Miley Cyrus really brought the movie down. It doesn't help that the dialogue was atrocious.

3. Dear John - This movie wasn't too bad but some things irked me, like the actor they cast as Amanda Seyfried's other love interest. He was old and not the same character as in the book.

4. Twilight - If you think the book is bad try watching the movie! It's good for laughs though.

5. New Moon - I couldn't think of a separate movie so here's another Twilight for ya.

No comments: